Father ADAM PIEKARZEWSKI was born in 1983 in Szczecin, Poland. He studied philosophy at the Salesian Seminary in Lad, which is in the central Poland, from 2002-2005, and then was sent for a 2-years practical training to the parish in Gdansk, in addition to teaching at a local school. In 2007 Fr. Adam was sent to Jerusalem (Israel) to study theology at Studium Theologicum Salesianum Ratisbonne. He was ordained deacon in the Basilica of Gethsemani in 2010 by the Latin Patriarch of Jerusalem. One year later Fr. Adam finished his studies with a Master’s degree in Theology. In June 2011 he was ordained to the Holy Priesthood in his home town (Szczecin) in Poland. During his studies in Israel Fr. Adam obtained an official license as a guide to the Holy Land and till now he was a guide to several pilgrimage groups visiting Israel, Palestine, Egypt, and Jordan.
After ordination, Father Adam worked for two years as an assistant priest in a parish of Pila in central Poland where he was responsible for the youth center and pastoral youth ministry. Then in 2013, his superiors sent him to Rome (Italy) to study psychology. He studied Developmental and Educational Psychology at the Salesian Pontifical University in Rome. In 2017 Fr. Adam finished his studies with a Master’s degree in Psychology. In June 2017 he returned to Poland to work as a psychologist in two public schools in the north part of the country. During this time Fr. Adam obtained a diploma of pedagogical preparation (postgraduate studies) at the University of Lodz.
In July 2018 Father Adam came to the United States and began his studies at the Savonarola Theological Seminary of the Polish National Catholic Church, in Scranton, PA in preparation for his pastoral work within the PNCC. Officially on September 1, 2018, he was assigned as an administrator of St John the Baptist Parish in Manchester, CT and eventually as a pastor on March 23, 2020.
PREVIOUS PASTORS of St. John’s Parish:
- Rev. Henryk Smolinski (2010-2018)
- Rev. Dr. Zbigniew Stanisław Kaszubski (1996-2009)
- Rev. Stanley Loncola (1983-1996)
- Rev. Walter A. Hyszko (1959-1983)
- Rev. Kent Kulawasz (1957-1959)
- Rev. Stefan S. Stryjewski (1948-1957)
- Rev. Paweł Kozłowski (1945-1948)
- Rev. Zygmunt Szczepkowski (1940-1945)
- Rev. Leon F. Wiechec (1939-1940)
- Rev. Ludwik Kaczorowski (1939) – served several months
- Rev. Józef Hieronim Ziemba (1937-1939)
- Rev. Dr. Henryk Szczepkowski (1936-1937)
- Rev. Michał Kronenberg (1935-1936)
- Rev. Bazyli Sychta (1935) – served several months
- Rev. Franciszek Miklaszewski (1935) – served several months
- Rev. Piotr Latas (1930-1935)
- Rev. A. J. Przyjemski (1930) – served several months
- Rev. Stanisław S. Guzik (1929)